Here is the basic pricing information when you would like to switch your security or fire alarm monitoring to our local alarm company.
Monitoring switchover general pricing examples based on 36 month agreements with systems up to 30 points:
Prices range from $26 dollars monitoring via phone line to $48 monitoring over High Supervision Cellular. Ask Larry for the detailed Spring Monitoring Sheet and he can send it to you.
NOTE ON PHONELINES: If you are paying for monitoring and paying for analog phone lines you may be paying too much. If you can cancel your phone line and use a cellular or radio it can save you quite a bit of money in the long run. If you’re paying $35.00 per analog line then that is $70.00 per month or $840.00 per year.
FIRE ALARM INSPECTIONS can be added to your monthly fee and Peak Alarm will schedule the required annual inspection once a year. The cost of this is determined by the amount of points on your system. When you get Peak Alarm a list of the points on the system we can price out the inspections for you. Utah has adopted NFPA 72 and IFC (International Fire Code) and annual fire alarm inspections are required by law and many times additional inspections are required by your insurance companies.
We can get you pricing on the larger facilities once we have a complete count of the devices and appliances.
Monthly monitoring switch over notes concerning pricing and different plans:
1. Burglar systems up to 30 points no cost switchover and $26 per month when monitored over phone line.
2. Burglar systems up to 30 points no cost switchover and $41.00 per month when we install a new cellular communicator. ** This price includes remote arm and disarm. (Elite control)
3. Fire Alarm system up to 30 points tied to two analog phone lines. Inspection fee is $288 including acceptance tag and NFPA 72 report or you can add $24 per month for 12 months to pay for the annual inspection (divided into 12 payments.) Monthly monitoring would be $26.00 per month. When the system is larger we will need to do an evaluation and price this out for you. If the system only has 10 points on the system monitoring would be the same but the inspection fee would only be $180 per year or $16 per month for inspection.
4. Fire Alarm system up to 30 points when Peak Alarm adds a Cellular Communicator in order to eliminate the phone lines. $149 dollars installed and $48 per month. Annual inspection fee with tag and NFPA 72 report as in number 3 can be added to the monthly or you can pay before the inspection.
5. Fire Alarm system up to 30 points when Peak Alarm installs a new AES Radio in order to eliminate the phone lines. $315 dollars installed and $41 per month. Annual inspection fee with tag and NFPA 72 report as in number 3 and 4 can be added to the monthly or you can pay before the inspection according to your exact device and appliance counts.
*For each additional 15 points add $148 dollars to the switchover cost (Includes testing)
** Some alarm systems are so old that they cannot upgrade without changing the main panel, in which case we would need to know the exact model, brand and version of the system, how many devices, how many keypads and it is best to do a site visit before quoting pricing. Larry can come out to your facility or home at no charge to do this evaluation. If your Fire Alarm system can communicate using contact ID we can tie a new cellular unit on it, so it will be able to communicate. Fire Alarm High Supervision cellular units send a signal every 6 minutes.
*** Currently we do not offer remote arm and disarm services when using a radio to communicate. You will notice on the fire alarm that the radio costs a bit more for the installation but considering that you can eliminate your phone lines and it costs less per month this will be the best solution in the long run. The radio remains property of Peak Alarm and if it stops working peak will come out and service the radio at no charge.
Additional services such as schedules, openings and closings, UL2050 certificate are offered by Peak Alarm and pricing is available upon request.
Text message notification for troubles is offered by Peak Alarm at no additional monthly fee.
MONITORING WHEN YOU WOULD RATHER NOT SIGN A LONG TERM AGREEMENT BUT YOU WANT TO PAY MONTH TO MONTH. Use the same numbers as above but without an agreement Peak cannot subsidize the equipment and the technician to do the programming so the installation /testing/switch over fee needs to be paid upfront:
1. $399 Switch over fee to monitor your burglar alarm over a phone line includes testing and batteries and $26 per month over phone line.(Burg) System must not have a lock code programed into it.
2. $699 Switch over fee includes cellular unit, testing & batteries and $41 per month over cell unit. (Burg) System cannot have a lock code locking out programming. Some older systems will not support remote arming and disarming.
3. $399 Switch over your fire alarm to our monitoring. Switch over fee includes testing and batteries and $26.00/mo over phonelines (Fire) add tag and NFPA 72 inspection separate according to counts. Fire Panel must not be locked out. If it is a proprietary panel you may need to pay your fire alarm company to do the programming for the monitoring.
5. $1,300 Switch over fee includes testing and batteries and $41/mo over radio. (Fire) add tag and NFPA 72 inspection separate according to counts
On large or complicated sites a site evaluation will need to be done in order to price out the monitoring switch, inspections, repairs etc. When there are multiple power supply locations, older equipment, duct detectors, dampers, elevator recall and other such items the testing will need to be evaluated first.