There are different UL listings in different categories so when you decide on a Central Station and installation and service company make sure they have the certifications in the different areas that you will need for your specific projects such as High Security, Fire Alarm, UL installation and such. Just because the Central Station has one UL certification does not mean they are qualified in the other areas that you may need.
When you find any questionable references or errors that need to be corrected contact Larry@peakalarm.com and he will make the corrections.
THERE ARE 8 UL LISTED CENTRAL STATION MONITORING FACILITIES IN UTAH BUT ONLY 5 WILL MONITOR FOR THE PUBLIC
1. Avantguard (S3955) UUFX (BP10390) * CRZM Holds 2 UL certifications
2. Peak Alarm (S1548) UUFX ( BP20783) CRZM (BP8607-1)CVSG (BP2433) CPVX (BP20762) CRZH Peak holds 5 UL Certifications
3. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints COPB (S25044) UUFX Does not do monitoring for anyone but the church (Holds one)
4. VIVINT (S24880) UUFX This company holds one UL certification
5. L3 Communication Systems WEST (BP9385) CRZH This company holds one UL certication but does not monitor for the public
6. Stanley Convergent Security Solutions (BP6295) CRZH (BP8367)CVSG (BP2072) CPVX This company holds 3 UL certications
7. The Boeing Company (BP6569) CRZH This company holds one UL certication but does not monitor for the public
8. TYCO Integrated Security (BP6471) CRZH (BP8617) CVSG (BP34) CPVX This company holds 3 UL certifications
CENTRAL STATIONS IN UTAH THAT WILL MONITOR FOR BUSINESSES AND RESIDENTIAL
1. Avantguard – 2 UL Certications (TWO) https://www.agmonitoring.com/
2. Peak Alarm – 5 UL Certications – Only company to hold all 5 (FIVE) of the below UL Certifications
3. VIVINT – 1 UL Certification (ONE) https://www.vivint.com/
4. Stanley 3 UL Certifications (THREE)
5. TYCO 3 UL Certifications (THREE) http://www.tyco.com/
Johnson Controls and Tyco have merged – TYCO and ADT used to be together but they separated and Protection one bought ADT
UUFX – UL Certification to Monitor Fire Alarm
CRZH – UL Certification to Monitor high Security Industrial
CPVX – UL certification for Burglar Alarm
CVSG – UL Certification for Mercantile, safe, vault & ATM
CRVM – UL Certification to handle signals coming from CRZH category
Go to the official UL web site to check current information http://www.ul.com
UL listings for local Central Stations in UTAH
There are only 4 local UUFX listed companies in Utah for monitoring fire alarm as of 5/27/16
1. Avantguard (S3955) UUFX https://www.agmonitoring.com/
2. Peak Alarm (S1548) UUFX Peak Alarm web site www.peakalarm.com ask for Larry Love
3. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints COPB (S25044) UUFX Does not do monitoring for anyone but the church
4. VIVINT (S24880) UUFX Vivint web site
The LDS Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints only monitors their own facilities.
There are only 5 local CRZH listed central stations in Utah for monitoring high security industrial facilities such as SCIFs as of 5/27/16 ( NISPOM, DOD 5520.22-M, DOD 5100.76-M, JFAN 6/9 and ICD/ICS 705-1) This certificate is for Installation, Testing, Service and Maintenance as well as Monitoring.
1. Peak Alarm (BP20762) CRZH
2. L3 Communication Systems WEST (BP9385) CRZH L3 Communications West web site
3. Stanley Convergent Security Solutions (BP6295) CRZH Stanley Convergent Security Solutions Web site
4. The Boeing Company (BP6569) CRZH The boeing Company web site
5. TYCO Integrated Security (BP6471) CRZH The TYCO company web site
L3 Communications monitors the secure facilities associated with their facilities.
There is only 3 local CPVX listed central station in Utah for UL Central Station Burglar Alarm Systems monitoring.
1. Peak Alarm (BP2433) CPVX
2. Stanley Convergent (BP2072) CPVX
3. TYCO Integrated Security (BP34) CPVX
There is only 3 local CVSG listed central stations in Utah for Mercantile Burglar Alarm Systems. Safe, Vault, ATM or Night Depository.
1. Peak Alarm (BP8607-1)CVSG
2. Stanley Convergent Security Solutions (BP8367)CVSG
3. TYCO Integrated Security (BP8617) CVSG
There are only two CRZM local listed central stations in Utah . This certificate is for Central Stations that have personnel trained and on duty to specifically handle signals covered under the CRZH listing that is above so the system is installed properly and then monitored by a certified company. It is best when the company has both certificates.
1. Avantguard (BP10390) * CRZM
2. Peak Alarm ( BP20783) CRZM
UL updates their records on an ongoing basis so be sure to verify on their web site. This information was as of 5/27/16. On the UL site go to online certifications directory at the bottom to find the companies in an area or state that hold certifications. All of this information is public record on the UL.com site. When you find any errors on this blog please inform Larry@peakalarm.com and he will correct those errors after verification of the correct information.
*Mountain Alarm/FPS https://www.mountainalarm.com/ sold Avantguard a while back although they still use Avantguard as their Central Station and apparently there is still a relationship between the companies as far as ownership goes. Mountain Alarm is the security side of the business and FPS is Fire Protection Services which does fire alarm etc…
There are about 200 Central Stations in the US that are both UL and 5 Diamond Certified and Peak ALarm is one of those. The CSAA 5 Diamond certification indicates that all of our Central Station dispatchers/employees are highly trained to react calmly and appropriately to high stress situations.
IT IS BEST TO LOOK UP THE COMPLAINTS ON THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU THE OFFICIAL BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU WEB SITE www.bbb.org
From the information that we have about the UL listed Central Stations in this document the LDS Church does not monitor accounts as a business nor does L3 Communications West or Boeing so those Central Stations hold the proper listings in order to meet the criteria and provide services within their realm so you can’t call them up and have them monitor your security or fire alarm accounts. UL listed Central Stations out of State can be used although some Fire Marshals request that a local Central Station be used in certain cases. Often insurance companies and other requirements are in play so they want a local central station to do the monitoring and provide the installation and service when needed.
Peak Alarm is the only company that currently holds all 5 of the above UL Certifications in Utah
Peak Alarm also has a full Guard and Patrol division as well as armed or unarmed guards. Peak Alarm has been in business since 1969.
Call Larry Love (801) 428 1384 or email him at Larry@peakalarm.com for more information on this blog or for pricing for monitoring, Security, Fire Alarm, UL2050 installations, access control or camera systems.
CSAA 5 diamond information