You’ve heard that we should compare apples to apples rather than apples and oranges.
Company One – UL listed monitoring station – backup generators – extra personnel on duty – secure facility – backup equipment in case of failure
Company two operating with one piece of equipment and no backup and one person in the facility. They they have a heart attack signals are not sent on to authorities.
Company one – NO COMPLAINTS WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU
Many other companies – OVER 1000 COMPLAINTS two of our competitors have over 3000 complaints (ASK WHY) – Sure you will find complaints on the internet for any company although looking at the BBB.org is important because they investigate both sides of the issues so a customer that knows they did not pay their bill and should have normally won’t file a complaint but will complain online.
Company one – Advertises with actual commercials and word of mouth advertising.
Many other companies pay to be on a top ten alarm company list so when the internet pulls up results also check the Better Business Bureau not just a top internet list that is paid for.
Company one in business since 1969 not using gimmicks of offering free equipment
Many other companies giving free equipment out like candy – Often they go out of business in a few years.
Company one puts together custom systems to meet your needs
Other companies don’t address individual needs as well because they are cookie cutter companies
Company one has actual people that you can talk with and personal service
Many other companies are very difficult to talk to after you have purchased the system and need anything else.
Peak Alarm – Larry Love (801) 428 1384 Larry@peakalarm.com –
4 Offices (2 in Idaho and 2 in Utah)
Local Company that employees 300 local individuals
UL liSted Central Station with backup equipment and generators
In Business Since 1969
Many employees have been with the company for over 20 years
Full Service Alarm Company
Certified for UL2050 High Security as well as Bank Safe and Vault Installations
Full Service AV Company
Full Service Guard and Patrol Company
Full Service Central Station
LICENSED BY THE STATE OF UTAH
EVERY EMPLOYEE PASSES FBI BACKGROUND CHECKS OR THEY DON’T WORK FOR PEAK
Drug Testing Programs in place
Full Service Commercial and Residential installations www.Peakalarm.com
When a product is quite a bit less expensive you need to question why.
Contact Larry Love at Peak Alarm for all your alarm, access, fire alarm, intrusion, cameras and intercom needs. Larry@peakalarm.com (801) 428 1384
We can lower your installation cost when you sign a 3 year agreement because we can subsidize some of the cost over time. We can do contracts that are less time but we would not be able to lower the install as much. We can even do month to month agreements but the upfront cost would be more.
Any time you have a licensed, insurred and certified company you will end up paying a bit more for their services although this is worth it.
Labor rates at Peak are $100 per hour for residential and $145 per hour for commerical. When I am in a bidding situation I can lower the hourly labor rate a bit when we run it through my department.
Check the Better Business Bureau on all of your alarm companies. Peak has a very good track record at the BBB. In the last 3 years we only have one complaint that is shown on our record. Many of our competitors have a great deal more complaints.
If you are concerned about hackers disarming your system from out front of your home have Peak install a Qolsys system or a DMP system both of which are encrypted
When looking for an alarm company keep in mind that large national companies sometimes are not as flexible as a local company. Look for a company that has been in business and has been consistant and it is also prudent to check the BBB web site for complaints. Some of the alarm companies in Utah have over 1000 complaints that have been filed.
Call Larry Love 801 428 1384 Larry@peakalarm.com for pricing
Peak Alarm is an experienced Alarm dealer in business since 1969 with a UL listed Central Station and Peak is the only alarm company with a full service guard and patrol company. Peak has 4 offices in Utah and Idaho.
http://www.peakalarm.com Peak Alarm is the only Alarm company that has a UL listed Central Station and a full guard and patrol division.
Peak Alarm has been in business since 1969 and has only had one complaint filed with the www.bbb.org Better Business Bureau in the last 3 years.
Peak Alarm is the only UL listed Central Station that holds 5 UL Certificates.
Call Larry Love (801) 428 1384 or email him at Larry@peakalarm.com for pricing and more information about Peak Alarm.
Many of the TOP TEN, TOP FIVE or BEST ALARM COMPANY lists on the INTERNET are paid services so be sure to look each company up on the BBB web site before you make your decision.
Understand that Peak Alarm does not do Free equipment so if you are paying $149 for the basic PeakLink system with a monthly of $44 per month over 36 months you are paying $149 + $1,584 or $1,733 total but the equipment is not free, nothing ever is.
Other companies will charge you $56 per month or more for 60 months yet they give you FREE equipment but beware because if you do the math you end up paying $3,360 which is almost double so you are paying over $1,600 in order to save a few hundred dollars.
Larry Love has over 20 years in the industry and can help you with all of your alarm, camera, access control and fire alarm needs. Peak Alarm is a certified Mircom dealer.
Peak Alarm has encrypted security solutions so you can have peace of mind that hackers can’t disarm your system like they can other systems. Qolsys.com equipment and DMP equipment is encrypted.
Understanding Fire Alarm Systems may not be on your priority list so let us take care of those details:
1. Fire Alarm Panel – Zoned, Addressable or Analog with Power Supply panels to power other devices
2. Annunciators (This keypad will show all troubles, alarms and supervisory notifications)
3. Smoke Detectors, CO detectors, flame detectors, heat detectors and multisensors.
4. Duct Smoke Detectors (Shuts down air handlers so smoke will not spread) Remote Test switches for Duct Detectors
5. Horn/Strobes, Strobes, Horns, Speakers, Speaker/Strobes for mass notification. Also new Low Frequency Horns to meet current code.
6. Damper connections to shut or open dampers so prevent the spreading of smoke
7. Magnetic Door Holders (The fire panel will drop these door holders also to prevent the spread of fire and smoke)
8. Elevator Recall will send the elevator to a specific floor when there is smoke on other floors.
9. Tie to the Access Control systems to release the doors when there is a fire alarm.
10. Tie to the flow switches on the Fire Sprinkler system to set off the alarm and dispatch the fire department when water is flowing. PIV Post Indicator valves can also be tied to the fire alarm. Wet and Dry systems can be tied in using monitor modules. Pressure switches can also be monitored.
11. Tie to the Tamper switches on the Fire Sprinkler System to alert the owner that the water has been turned off.
12. Test functions to allow you to practice fire drills
13. The Fire Alarm Systems in Utah are required to be tested and green tagged by a certified individual once a year. This is a different tag than the sprinkler tag.
14. Batteries should be changed every 3 to 5 years.
15. Monitoring normally costs around $30 dollars a month for a fire alarm system.
16. If you want to get rid of your analog phone lines for monitoring the fire alarm can be monitored using a high supervision cellular unit for $22 dollars extra per month. This system sends signals every 6 minutes.
17. When you want to use a radio instead of the high supervision cellular the additional cost is only $15 extra on your monitoring for radio monitoring.
18. This is not a complete list of what is tied to the fire alarm although it will give you more information so you have a good idea that a fire alarm system can help keep you safe.
19. Smoke detectors activate much sooner than the sprinkler systems so because the sprinklers normally activate when the temperatures reach around 165 degrees on the ceiling. The ideal is to have both systems because once a sprinkler system is activated the water is going to ruin most everything inside because it is meant to protect the structure.
For more information or a quote call Larry Love (801) 428 1384 Larry@peakalarm.com
Cerberus Pyrotronics, Siemens,(Alarm Control, GSL Electric and Siemens are dealers for Cerberus)
DMP – There are 4 DMP dealers in Utah and DMP also has high security panels with encryption. Peak Alarm is a dealer. DMP is UL listed for Fire Alarm although it will not do class A wiring on the SLC loop. DMP also can do UL listed combined fire and security systems which are best used on smaller buildings since larger systems would be best served using one of the other brands on this page that are dedicated to fire alarms. https://dmp.com/
Fenwall, (Alarm Control) http://alarmcontrol.com/main/
Fireworx, Edwards, (If you have information on who the dealers are for this and other brands please let me know)
Firelite by HONEYWELL, (Peak Alarm installs Firelite and so do several Fire Alarm companies in Utah this is a non proprietary system )
Faraday, ( I do not have any current information on a Faraday dealer in Utah so please contact Larry Love with new dealer information 801 898 6003 )
Farenhyt by HONEYWELL, (Alphacorp is a Farenhyt distributor here in Utah ask for Kent) http://www.alphacorpsecurity.com/
FCI by HONEYWELL, (This brand is installed by Nelson Fire, Inc. 801 468 8300 ) See link to their website below under Gamewell.
Fike, Alarm control and United Fire http://unitedfireinc.com/
GE Vigilant, (Best) UTC – Alpha Corp, Inc. Delta Fire Systems, Inc. https://www.deltafiresystems.com/ Fire Supression Services, Inc Interwest, Mountain West Securit, Professional Systems Technology, Inc. and Why’rd are all Vigilant Dealers. This GE project is Edwards United Technologies.
Gamewell by HONEYWELL,(Installed by Nelson Fire 801 468 8300, Inc. and Firetrol also says they install Gamewell systems) www.nelsonfireutah.com See FCI
Harrington – JBP Enterprises out of AZ, Automated Fire and Security (Certified) , Wasatch Controls, and Statefire. United Fire also can get it from out of State.
Hochiki, (Peak Alarm is one of the four Hochiki dealers in Salt Lake City) You can call Hochiki direct for the full list of dealers. There is a dealer in Bountiful, one in West Jordan and Two in Salt Lake City.
Honeywell = Notifier, Silent Knight, Firelite, FCI Gamewell, Onyx, Farenhyt (Firelite and Silent Knight are non proprietary and the others have specific dealers listed on this page)
Keltron ( No known dealers in Utah)
Mircom, (Installed by Peak Alarm 801 428 1384 www.peakalarm.com, PCS Power Control Systems 801 560 6423 and Booth Fire Protection and Fire Engineering are also Mircom dealers. )
Mirtone – Installed by BEST 801 352 0743 and Peak Alarm 801 428 1384
Notifier by HONEYWELL,(This brand is installed by FPS Fire Protection Services otherwise known as Mountain Alarm ) www.mountainalarm.com
Onyx – (I do not have current information on any Onyx dealers in Utah so please call Larry when you have updates)
Secutron, (No known dealers in Utah) Not to be confused with Securitron (Locks)
Vigilant (was GE now UTC), (Best or Best Access) Alpha Corp, Inc. Delta Fire Systems, Inc. Fire Supression Services, Inc Interwest, Mountain West Security, Professional Systems Technology, Inc. and Why’rd are all Vigilant Dealers. This GE project is Edwards United Technologies.
This sheet was provided as an information sheet only as a service to the public to provide a fairly complete list of fire alarm companies in Utah. If any of the information needs to be corrected or updated please let Larry@peakalarm.com know and he will get the changes made.
Peak Alarm www.PeakAlarm.com installs Alarm Systems, Fire Alarm Systems, Camera Systems, Access Control Systems, Intercom and other low voltage systems. Peak Alarm is the only company in Utah that has a UL listed Central Station, a full Guard and Patrol Division and a full service alarm business including Fire Alarm Design and Installation. Peak Alarm has been in business since 1969 is a local family owned business. Peak installs both commercial and residential more than half of Peak’s business comes from commercial work. Peak Also installs encrypted security systems such as www.Qolsys.com
ADVICE – Before doing business with any of the above companies please check the Better Business Bureau for ratings and complaints www.bbb.org
Call Larry Love for pricing on the following product 801 428 1384 Larry@peakalarm.com
Depending on the brand of fire alarm you have installed in your facility the cost of parts and service will vary. When you choose a proprietary many times you may end up paying higher costs.
Ademco by HONEYWELL,
Bosch, Radionics, Detection Systems, (Several Dealers in Utah) Bosch is approved by the Government for high security. (UL2050)
Cerberus Pyrotronics, Siemens,
DMP, (Does not do Class A Fire Alarm), (Several DMP dealers in Utah) DMP is approved by the Government for high security. (UL2050)
EST, (Was GE now UTC Fire & Security), (3 EST Dealers)
Faraday, – Siemens,
Farenhyt, HONEYWELL, (Silent Knight)
FCI, BY HONEYWELL,(Mostly done by one company)
Gamewell by HONEYWELL, (With FCI mostly done by one company)
Hochiki, (Four dealers in Utah) One in Bountiful, one in West Jordan and two in Salt Lake including Peak Alarm.
Notifier by HONEYWELL,
Siemens, (Proprietary- Cerberus Pyrotronics)
Silent Knight by HONEYWELL, (General distribution)
Silent Knight IFP 1000 Proprietary, (Farenhyt is also Proprietary)
SimplexGrinnel by TYCO, (Proprietary)
UTC Fire & Security,
Vigilant (was GE now UTC?),
Please help me update this list with current names and websites. Larry@peakalarm.com 801 428 1384
If any of the information is not correct I would appreciate help updating the relationships of the companies.
Call Larry@peakalarm.com 801 428 1384 for pricing on this security equipment
LIST OF FIRE ALARM DEALERS FOR MOST MAJOR MANUFACTURES IN UTAH
ADT- Security, Cameras – Call for additional information (877) 809 3274 www.adt.com
Alarm Control – Siemens, Cerberus Pyrotronics,Silent Knight, Firelite. Suppression Panels: Fike, Ansul and Fenwall,Cerberus – (801)486 8731 Alarm
Control installs and services Fire Alarms and Suppression Systems as well. http://www.alarmcontrol.com
Alarm Tech – Silent Knight Fire Alarm 801 568 6757
Alpha Corp, Inc. (801) 977 8608 Fire Alarm: GE Vigilant by Edwards United Technologies. http://alphacorpsecurity.com
BEST – GE Vigilant- Mirtone Fire Alarm, Fire Alarm Access Control, Security, Cameras 801 352 0743
CERTIFIED FIRE – Farenhyt Fire Alarms and Silent Knight (Janus Fire Systems) Call (801) 694 1215 Certified Fire has been in business over 11 years and also is a full service company that offers Fire Suppression and Fire Sprinkler Systems. http://certfire.com/
Delta Fire Systems, Inc. (801) 972 4500 Fire Alarm System brand is GE Vigilant by Edwards United Technologies. This company is who we recommend for sprinkler systems. http://www.deltafiresystems.com
Siemens – Siemens Cerberus Pyrotronics- Fire Alarm (801) 590 7373 (Alarm Control and GSL Electric also services Cerberus)
StateFire – Call (801) 288 2100
StateFire has been in business since 1989 as a strong full service fire suppression company. StateFire provides service for Simplex, Fike, GE-EST, Notifier, FCI and Silent Knight. StateFire Is an Authorized dealer in EST, GE-IO Series and Fike. StateFire installs Fire Alarms, Clean Agent Suppression Systems as well as service and monitoring. We are a full service fire suppression company which services fire sprinklers, extinguishers, kitchen hood suppression systems. www.Statefire.com
FSS Fire Suppression Services, Inc. (801)277 6464 cannot find a web site for this company. Fire Alarm: GE Vigilant/Edwards United Technologies
Firetrol – Notifier & gamewell- EST – Bosch- Firelite – Silent Knight- Digitize – Fire Alarm (801) 485 6900
Honeywell -Security, Access Control, Fire Alarm and Cameras (801) 886 2957
Interwest Fire Protection, Inc. (801) 746 4040 http://www.interwestfire.com
Mountain Alarm or Fire Protection is the company name for their fire alarm division -Notifier is their main brand although they can also do Bosch, Silent Knight or Firelite as well. Mountain Alarm is their security division and Fire Protection does the fire alarm installations. (801) 363 9696 www.mountainalarm.com
Mountain West Security, LLC Orem Utah (801) 226 6786 http://www.mwsecure.com Fire Alarm is GE Vigilant by Edwards United Technologies
Nelson Fire – FCI and Gamewell (801)468 8300 This company does quite a bit of work for the school districts.
Johnson Controls (801) 973 4001-
PEAK ALARM – DMP Security, DSX Access Control, Salient/Axis Cameras, MIRCOM Fire Alarm, HOCHIKI Fire Alarm as well as Silent Knight, Firelite and DMP Fire Alarm- – UL listed Monitoring (801) 486 7231 – Ask for Larry Love 801 428 1384 Larry@peakalarm.com www.PeakAlarm.com Peak Alarm only has 2 complaints on the Better Business Bureau in the last 3 years as of 08/31/16 both issues were billing issues.Check http://www.bbb.org before buying from any company because of the alarm companies have over 3000 complaints. Low price is not always the best indicator. Peak also installs encrypted security systems using DMP or Qolsys.com
PST Professional Systems Technology, Inc. – GE Vigilant – EST Fire Alarm, Access Control, Fire Alarm, Security – (801)649 6696 http://www.pstslc.com
PCS – Power Control Systems- Access Control, Security – MIRCOM Fire Alarm (801) 560 6423
SIMPLEX Grinell – Fire Alarm, Intrusion Security, Access Control, Cameras. SIMPLEX, Grinell, Thorn and Autocall Fire Alarm (801) 633 9830
United Fire – Fike and Harrington
Wasatch Electric Comtech division- Cameras, Access Control, Security and Fire Alarm (801) 487 4511 – GE EST Edwards System Technology
Why’rd (801)568 6757 Ask for Myron http://www.why-rd.com GE Vigilant Edwards United Technologies (Fire Alarm)
LIST OF FIRE ALARM MANUFACTURES (All equipment is UL listed)
1. Bosch – UL listed Fire Panel including conventional, addressable and analog addressable www.Boschsecurity.us
2. DMP – UL listed Fire Panels www.dmp.com
3. Digitize Fire Alarms http://www.digitize-inc.com/
3. EST – GE http://www.edwardsfiresafety.com/ Edwards United Technologies
4. Faraday http://www.us.sbt.siemens.com/ By Siemens
5. Farenhyt Fire Alarms http://www.farenhyt.com/ Silent Knight by Honeywell- Aphacorp here is Utah is a distributor for Farenhyt ask for Kent. AAA Fire is also a distributor
6. FCI Fire Control Instruments – http://www.gamewell-fci.com/ Gamewell FCI by Honeywell
7. Fike Corporation – http://www.fike.com/ Fire Alarm, Air Sampling and Releasing panels. Alarm Control and United Fire.
8. Firelite by Honeywell http://www.firelite.com/ Peak Alarm also installs.
9. Fireworx – Conventional and addressable small building detection http://www.edwardsfiresafety.com/ Edwards United Technologies
10. Gamewell – http://www.gamewell-fci.com/ Gamewell FCI by Honeywell
11. GE UTC Fire & Security: A united technical company http://www.utcfireandsecurity.com/ There are 7 companies here in the area that sell GE Vigilant Fire Alarm systems by Edwards.
12. Harrington http://www.harringtonfire.com/ Sales rep listed on web site is in Arizona
13. Hochiki – Full line of conventional (zoned) and analog addressable Fire Alarm Systems including Air Sampling smoke detection as well as listed panels for releasing / Extinguish panels www.Hochiki.com Peak Alarm is one of the four distributors for Hochiki here in Utah. There is another Hochiki dealer in Bountiful, one in West Jordan and two in Salt Lake.
14. Keltron corporation http://www.keltroncorp.com/ codded or McCulloh or l00mA coded circuits
15. Mircom http://www.mircom.com/
16. Notifier www.notifier.com by Honeywell
17. Siemens Industry Inc. Fire Safety Division http://w3.usa.siemens.com/ same as Cerberus Pyrotronics – Alarm Control and GSL also sell and install Cerberus Pyrotronics.
18. Silent Knight by Honeywell https://www.silentknight.com
19. SimplexGrinnel LP http://www.tycosimplexgrinnell.com/ by TYCO
20. Vigilant http://www.edwardsfiresafety.com/ Edwards United Technologies There are 7 dealers for GE Vigilant
Note: The following are not fire alarm manufactures of Alarm Systems but of devices or appliances such as Horn/Strobes etc…
2. Cooper Wheelock
3. System Sensor
4. Edwards also make bells, horns and such although most of the appliances are from 1-3
Air- Intelligence by Edwards United Technologies
When you have current information or corrections on any of the dealers or manufacturers please send corrections or updates to Larry@peakalarm.com and I will update the information on this blog. This information was obtained using the web so if I did not find the current dealer please let me know and I will correct it.