ADT sues and wins a 10 million dollar law suit against a Utah based company using deceptive sales practices
Read article click this link
Don’t wait till you sign a contract to find out about the complaints.
Before you even get pricing from an Alarm Company do the following:
1. Check the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org (Peak has zero complaints as of 01/06/18)
1A. Request to see their blue and white Utah DOPL license that each salesperson and tech are required to carry on their person. This means they have gone through an FBI check. Some companies hire people that are not licensed two such individuals came to my door and got reported. They just had their company ID and said the license was kept at the office.
Click here to verify a Utah Burglar alarm license
2. Ask if they require a credit check before you buy. (Peak does not)
3. Ask if they will charge your visa just to come out and give you a bid or a site visit. (Larry Love at Peak will come out at no charge) They say they will apply it to the purchase when you buy.
4. Clarify their contract length because many will say one thing and have you sign something entirely different, because of this one of the Utah companies has been sued in 32 states.
5. Beware of a salesperson saying things like “Your alarm company is going out of business or we will update your equipment for free” Article from ADT about deceptive salespeople click here
6. Beware of companies that say “Installation is FREE” often they will wrap the charges in elsewhere. Peak Alarm starts cell monitoring at $40 per month with interactive many others will charge over $60 or $70 and obviously since you are paying an extra $30 per month after 36 months you have paid an additional $1000 dollars so they can afford to give you a few free items but understand you are paying much more than you think.
7. Many of these companies hire clean cut individuals just for the summer and they can earn quite a bit in a summer so they can return to school so often their knowledge is very limited.
Check licensing before you buy
1. UL listed Central Station that is Local and 5 diamond certified (Only about 200 UL listed Stations in the Nation also have the 5 diamond certification)
2. Local company that employees over 300 employees and has 4 offices to serve you.
3. The only Alarm company that also has their own Patrol and Guard division. In Salt Lake City, West Valley and come other cities the police will not respond.
4. Licensed and insured. Each employee has been through the FCI background check and passed and has to pass these checks on an ongoing basis to keep working at Peak Alarm.
5. Zero complaints on the Better Business Bureau as of 1/6/18 some of our competitors have over 1000 complaints
6. Peak has been in the business since 1969 and many of their salespeople have extensive security, fire, camera and low voltage experience and certifications.
7. Peak has a fleet of over 100 vehicles.
Protect yourself from companies using deceptive sales techniques: Ask for their license, check their BBB report, read the fine print, read the complaints filed and check if the company is being sued currently and why. Some Alarm companies have been sued in several states, one Utah Alarm company has been sued in 32 States and has over 4000 complaints currently filed with the BBB.