There are different UL listings in different categories so when you decide on a Central Station and installation and service company make sure they have the certifications in the different areas that you will need for your specific projects such as High Security, Fire Alarm, UL installation and such. Just because the Central Station has one UL certification does not mean they are qualified in the other areas that you may need.
UL listings for local Central Stations in UTAH
There are only 4 local UUFX listed companies in Utah for monitoring fire alarm as of 5/27/16
1. Avantguard (S3955) Avantguard web site
2. Peak Alarm (S1548) Peak Alarm web site ask for Larry Love
3. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints COPB (S25044)
4. This company requested that I take their information off my blog but you can go to UL.com to find all UL listed Central stations in utah
The LDS Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints only monitors their own facilities.
There are only 5 local CRZH listed central stations in Utah for monitoring high security industrial facilities such as SCIFs as of 5/27/16 ( NISPOM, DOD 5520.22-M, DOD 5100.76-M, JFAN 6/9 and ICD/ICS 705-1) This certificate is for Installation, Testing, Service and Maintenance as well as Monitoring.
1. Peak Alarm (BP20762)
2. L3 Communication Systems WEST (BP9385) L3 Communications West web site
3. Stanley Convergent Security Solutions (BP6295)Stanley Convergent Security Solutions Web site
4. The Boeing Company (BP6569) The boeing Company web site
5. TYCO Integrated Security (BP6471) The TYCO company web site
L3 Communications monitors the secure facilities associated with their facilities.
There is only 3 local CPVX listed central station in Utah for UL Central Station Burglar Alarm Systems monitoring.
1. Peak Alarm (BP2433)
2. Stanley Convergent (BP2072)
3. TYCO Integrated Security (BP34)
There is only 3 local CVSG listed central stations in Utah for Mercantile Burglar Alarm Systems. Safe, Vault, ATM or Night Depository.
1. Peak Alarm (BP8607-1)
2. Stanley Convergent Security Solutions (BP8367)
3. TYCO Integrated Security (BP8617)
There are only two CRZM local listed central stations in Utah . This certificate is for Central Stations that have personnel trained and on duty to specifically handle signals covered under the CRZH listing that is above so the system is installed properly and then monitored by a certified company. It is best when the company has both certificates.
1. Avantguard (BP10390) *
2. Peak Alarm ( BP20783)
UL updates their records on an ongoing basis so be sure to verify on their web site. This information was as of 5/27/16. On the UL site go to online certifications directory at the bottom to find the companies in an area or state that hold certifications. All of this information is public record on the UL.com site. When you find any errors on this blog please inform Larry@peakalarm.com and he will correct those errors after verification of the correct information.
*Mountain Alarm/FPS Mountain Alarm web site sold Avantguard a while back although they still use Avantguard as their Central Station and apparently there is still a relationship between the companies as far as ownership goes. Mountain Alarm is the security side of the business and FPS is Fire Protection Services which does fire alarm etc…
There are about 200 Central Stations in the US that are both UL and 5 Diamond Certified and Peak ALarm is one of those. The CSAA 5 Diamond certification indicates that all of our Central Station dispatchers/employees are highly trained to react calmly and appropriately to high stress situations.